With school back in session and Monday nights kind of hectic with cheerleading practice, it doesn't leave much time for dinner. I have been making something easy that the kids will eat without any hesitation. Pasta is always a good go to. But you can only eat plan pasta with red sauce so many times. I remember an easy pasta bake I use to make years ago, that just sounded delicious. I gave it a try and it was a WIN. My kids and Brian loved it.
1 lb ground turkey
1 lb pasta of your choice, I used elbow macaroni
1 can spaghetti sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking pan with EVOO.
2- Prepare the pasta per direction on box until al dente.
3- While pasta is cooking, cook ground turkey and drain.
4- Add seasoning and sauce to the meat.
5- Add drained pasta to baking pan. Pour on meat and sauce mixture.
6- Top with cheese
7- Bake for 20 minutes.
- you could use other ground meat, or shredded chicken
- I have also through in veggies before- peas, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, olives.....
- Bacon on top would also be delicious
- would be great with penne, ziti, and shells
- Can also make ahead, without baking, freeze it and bake it later. Baking from frozen at 400 degrees for 60 minutes.
Thank you for stopping by!!!!! If you are new here,
Feel free to follow along.