Easy Healthy Waffle
If I let my kids they would have freezer waffles every morning. I try to fix it up. I found this easy healthy waffle recipe and tweaked it to my liking. It is kid and hubby approved.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (can use honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1- Heat waffle iron.
2- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
3- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray
4- Spoon mixture on to iron
5- Cook until set, about 2-5 minutes depending on waffle iron.
6- Serve with your favorite berries, preserves, or fruit.